1. We believe the Scriptures of the Old Testament and New Testament are verbally inspired by God and inerrant in the original writing, and that they are of supreme, sufficient, and final authority in faith and life. We use the King James Version of the Bible without correcting or changing it.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and is true God and true man, yet without sin.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and, thereby, incurred not only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is eternal separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and manifest themselves as sinners in thought, word, and deed.
5. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, as a substitution sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified by grace alone, through faith alone on the grounds of His shed blood alone.
6. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into Heaven, and in His present life there for us, as High Priest and Advocate.
7. We believe in “that blessed hope,” the personal, and imminent return or our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
8. We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God.
9. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost, and eternal fellowship with the Father by believers.
10. We believe that Biblical growth is a process whereby the believer through the power of the Holy Spirit, using His Scriptures, puts off old habits and grows in grace.
11. We believe that God created the human race male and female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as either male or female at the time of conception, and that all conduct with the intent to adopt a gender other than the biological gender of one’s birth is immoral and therefore sinful. We further believe that the rejection of one’s biological sex is a rejection of the image of God within that person. Because of this belief, we will refer to all students and faculty with the pronouns associated with their biological gender. We will also require that all students and faculty abide by the dress code established for their biological gender. Genesis 1:26-27; Deuteronomy 22:5.
We believe that God has established marriage as a lifelong, exclusive relationship between one man and one woman only, and that all intimate sexual activity outside the marriage relationship, whether heterosexual or homosexual, or otherwise, is immoral and therefore sinful. Genesis 2:18-25; Romans 1:18-31; I Timothy 1:8-11.
We believe that any form of sexual immorality, including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, incest, and the use of pornography is sinful and offensive to God. Matthew 15:18-20; I Corinthians 6:9-10.
We believe that to preserve the function and integrity of Christian Schools of Springfield as a biblical Christian school, and to provide a biblical role model to the school’s students, families, and community it is imperative that all persons employed by Christian Schools of Springfield in any capacity, and those who serve as volunteers, agree to abide by the school’s statements and policies on Marriage, Gender, and Sexuality. Matthew 5:16; Philippians 2:14-16; I Thessalonians 5:22.
We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. Acts 3:19-21; Romans 10:9-10; I Corinthians 6:9-11.
We believe that every person should be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture or the philosophy of Christian Schools of Springfield. I Corinthians 13:1-8; John 13: 34-35.